Monday, January 9, 2012

Tales of the City--Armistead Maupin is the best

http://www.armisteadmaupin.com/BooksMTL.html

This weekend I read the last two books in the Tales of the City series. If you were lucky enough to catch the TV series 20 years ago, it'll be fun for you to read Michael Tolliver Lives and Mary Ann in Autumn. If you didn't, I think the books stand alone. Maupin can really tell a story and he catches you up as it unfolds. I read a hard copy of Michael Tolliver Lives in the morning. Luckily I was able to check Mary Ann in Autumn out of the library for my Sony Reader and read that in the afternoon. No waiting. It was a fun day.

We watched the Republican debate on Saturday night. Not much new there, but we caught up on Romney's stump speech. He was the one who took up most of the time. I'm glad we're not in a dogfight for the nomination this time around. I remember the Clinton/Obama race all to well.

Tonight we go to see The Magic Flute. I'm so looking forward to it. The Lyric always does a beautiful job and I've never seen it.

So it's a new year.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment