Monday, October 31, 2016

Thoughts on the Election: No, they aren't the same ...


New Rule: The Danger of False Equivalency | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Trump says something at least somewhat false 71% of the time, Bernie 28%, Hillary 27%. No, Hillary and Trump aren't the same on saying false things.

Emails: frankly, I think it's interesting that her private email server was one of the few that WASN'T hacked. So I'm thinking that could mean her emails were LESS at risk because she had a private server. Nothing happened anyway. It's a nonissue.

Benghazi: hindsight is 20-20. After the fact, it's easy to say what should have been done. And I'm still not understanding the issue about whether or not the video incited the crowd and why that matters. The crowd got violent. At the time, there were incidents in several other places that didn't have the same outcome. Who could have known how each would end?

Intervention in Syria and Libya: people say the administration should have intervened in Syria and shouldn't have intervened in Libya. Given that the middle east is often embroiled in conflict and we now know that intervention in Iraq didn't work out well, when should we intervene? Is there a formula? I think not. In Iraq: Bush negotiated the pullout and Iraq refused to allow us to stay. We respected their wishes.

Contrary to the belief of the Alt-Reality folks, Hillary is not a Demon who murders people and will ruin the world. Come on. Get real. We disagree on who will be the best at leading the world.

Trust in presidential candidates: Trump saying, "Believe me," is not enough for me to believe in his competence or his proposals. Hillary has proposals that many experts I trust say will work far better than Trump's for areas like the US economy, jobs, international relations; the Democratic platform is far closer than the Republican platform on the issues I care about; and her experience is what makes me trust her to get things done.

There is no question, hands down, Hillary is the one I enthusiastically trust to run the country and yes, I'm excited about voting for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment