Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Notes on A Sixties Story book launch and ordering signed copies

I've been a busy bee getting a book signing announcement in the Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times, Reader and maybe Time Out Chicago. 


We are going to record the Dec. 6 reading I do at the book launch at Katerina's (katerinas.com) from 6-8pm and post the reading on YouTube so the world can share in the experience. Yikes. The world. Weird feeling.

 And I set up ways for people to get inscribed or non-inscribed books if you don't want to order them from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

(1) For the people who plan to come to the book signing, I'd like to sign the books this week at home and bring them to Katerina's on Monday. If you'd like me to do that, email asixtiesstory@gmail.com (you can respond to this email) and be sure to let me know if there's anything special you'd like me inscribe. I'd like to do it that way because there'll be no waiting for you at the book signing (I'm being an optimist that there will actually be a line of people waiting) and I can have time to think about what I'm saying to you. We can handle payment at Katerina's. I'll have plenty of books there if you don't want me to sign it in advance. 

(2) For those who aren't coming to the book signing, to order inscribed or non-inscribed book(s), send a $14.99 check (it's $14.99 for each book) made out to me and be sure to include your address and anything special you want me to say. Send it to:

Toni Apicelli
PO Box 25029
Chicago, Illinois 60625

Amazon and Barnes & Noble can handle credit card purchases. I wish I could, but I don't want to be responsible for other people's credit card numbers. Identity theft issues are daunting.

So, I think that's about it. The first 50 books are sitting in my living room. Another 50 are on the way. And it's still surreal that this is actually happening at last. 

Hope I see or hear from you soon! Your support through it all has been so wonderful. I hope you enjoy the book!

Hugs, 

Toni
asixtiesstory@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment